Couching Continued Workshop - Creating a botanical design
This is a ticket for a two hour online hand embroidery workshop, which is an extension to the first Couching workshop I have run, so you would need to have done this previous workshop to join. The class will take place on Zoom (this is something you must have access to in order to do the workshop).
Information on how to download this and what you will need for the workshop will be sent via email a few weeks prior to the class.
Dates of this workshop:
Wednesday 19th August 2020, 18:00-20:00 UK time
Saturday 24th October 2020, 10:00-12:00 UK time
You will have the option to pick which date you would like to do when purchasing your ticket.
What will you learn?
In this workshop you will learn how to create a botanical design using the traditional hand embroidery technique called Couching. This will be made using your own materials you have bought or found at home. Lora will guide you through her process of designing your pattern using the following
- Collage and drawing
- Tracing your design onto your material
- How to Couch down your to create your design
Which you can then continue to work on at your on pace or use as a reference for further projects.
What you will need to do this class:
- A piece of medium weight fabric to work on (roughly 20x30cm, could be wool, linen, or cotton)
- Embroidery/hand sewing needles (in a few different sizes if possible)
- Your choice of materials to use in the workshop such as braid, ribbon, wool yarn, and fabric strips.
- Small sharp scissors
- A pencil
- A sewing hoop (not 100% necessary)
- A reel of standard sewing thread
(one or a couple of different colours if you have them)
- A piece of tracing paper
- Collected floral images, or printed photos or drawings.
- Access to a window
10% of each ticket sale will go to the Runnymede Trust who work to do research-based interventions to tackle racism and discrimination in the UK. (https://www.runnymedetrust.org/ Charity Number 1063609)
We can refund your ticket up to one week in advance of the day of your workshop.
If you cannot make it to the class and you ask for a refund after that time we will not be able to refund your ticket. It may be possible to transfer your ticket to a future workshop date, this is subject to availability. Please contact Lora if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org