Online Pleated Flower Making Workshop 12th Sept 2020 (afternoon)
£50.00 / Sold Out
This is a workshop for people to learn how to create pleated flowers like the ones Lora makes in her work. Although Lora uses a pleating machine to make her pleats, for this class she will teach you how to create those pleats by hand, without a machine and attach them to a flat fabric. (If you own a machine please she is running a class especially for people who have them)
The date of this workshop is:
Saturday 12th September 2020 from 15:30-18:00 UK time
In this two and a half hour online session participants will learn:
- How to hand pleat your flower fabric
- How to use your material to construct a couple of different simple pleated flowers onto fabric and stitch in place.
Participants must have access to a computer with internet, a microphone and camera to do this workshop.
This workshop is for people with basic hand sewing skills.
Materials/Equipment you will need:
- Access to a computer with a camera and audio
- Access to the 'Zoom' program
(details of how and where to download this will be sent a few weeks before your class)
- A clear table surface to work on
- Standard machine sewing thread
- A pair of small sharp scissors
- Fabrics which you would like to pleat
(can be silks, thin linen, heavy silk organza, silk crepe, preferably thin and crisp and made from natural fibres)
- A piece of base material stitch your flower on to
- An Iron (with a steam setting)
- An ironing board
- Hand sewing needle
- Thimble (not 100% necessary)
- Medium size sewing hoop (not 100% necessary)
10% of each ticket sale will go to the Runnymede Trust who work to do research-based interventions to tackle racism and discrimination in the UK. (https://www.runnymedetrust.org/ Charity Number 1063609)
We can refund your ticket up to one week in advance of the day of your workshop.
If you cannot make it to the class and you ask for a refund after that time we will not be able to refund your ticket. It may be possible to transfer your ticket to a future workshop date, this is subject to availability. Please contact Lora if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org