Hand Pleated Flower Making Workshop 2021
This is a workshop for people to learn how to create pleated flowers like the ones Lora makes in her work. Although Lora uses a pleating machine to make her pleats, for this class she will teach you how to create those pleats by hand, without a machine and attach them to a flat fabric. (If you own a machine please she is running a class especially for people who have them)
The date of this workshop is:
Sunday 31st January 2020 from 16:00-18:30 UK time
In this two and a half hour online session participants will learn:
- How to hand pleat your flower fabric
- How to use your material to construct a couple of different simple pleated flowers onto fabric and stitch in place.
Participants must have access to a computer with internet, a microphone and camera to do this workshop.
This workshop is for people with basic hand sewing skills.
Materials/Equipment you will need:
- Access to a computer with a camera and audio
- Access to the 'Zoom' program
(details of how and where to download this will be sent a few weeks before your class)
- A clear table surface to work on
- Standard machine sewing thread
- A pair of small sharp scissors
- Fabrics which you would like to pleat
(can be silks, thin linen, heavy silk organza, silk crepe, preferably thin and crisp and made from natural fibres)
- A piece of base material stitch your flower on to
- An Iron (with a steam setting)
- An ironing board
- Hand sewing needle
- Thimble (not 100% necessary)
- Medium size sewing hoop (not 100% necessary)
10% of each ticket sale will go to the Armenia Fund, helping the Armenian people affected by the current war in Azerbaijan. https://www.armeniafund.org/
We can refund your ticket up to one week in advance of the day of your workshop.
If you cannot make it to the class and you ask for a refund after that time we will not be able to refund your ticket. It may be possible to transfer your ticket to a future workshop date, this is subject to availability. Please contact Lora if you have any questions at email@example.com